Sunday, June 10, 2007

Recipe

ZOMG. This quiche is, like, REALLY good. For reference: turkey bacon, chopped; broccoli, chopped; shredded cheddar cheese. Fenugreek and seasoned salt (need to put that on the grocery list - I used the last of it). When I'd made quiches before I followed the instructions of someone I saw on TV. I think it was Julia Child and you'd THINK she'd know, but whoever it was said to mix an egg with enough milk to make 1/2 cup of the mixture. Well, my quiches NEVER held together, until with this one I was low on milk and decided to try using less. I used 3 eggs for the quiche, but it worked perfectly. I didn't bake the shell before putting the filling in, either - just let it get to room temperature. I did have to put aluminum foil around the crust. I baked it around 380 for... well, I don't know how long, to be honest, but I just waited until the center was done (stick in a knife and if it comes out cleanish, you're good). Then came the REALLY tough part - waiting for it to cool! It looked perfect. But lemme tell ya - it tasted even better! Yay! I think Imonna have another piece.

0 comments:

Post a Comment