Tuesday, August 21, 2007

On a more positive note...

I don't whine ALL the time, honest. But for some reason, it's easier to remember to post the bad stuff! Anyway -

I have the most awesome husband in the world. Our schools are near each other, so each day he drops me off and picks me up. Yesterday, I had some paperwork that I was going through for journalism, receipts and announcement forms and such, so I asked The Man if he minded sticking around so that I could get things sorted out. Not only did he happily stay, he made copies and took stuff up to the mailroom for me. And he let me have sips of his root beer.

Glee!

3 comments:

Dr Pezz said...

I am also most fortunate. My wife teaches in the English Department with me just three doors down. It's great! We can help one another daily.

People often ask how we do it, work together and stay married. I never thought of it that way. We just get to spend more time together than many others.

Mrs. Chili said...

My husband is great, too, though we are essentially polar opposites professionally: I'm an English teacher and he's an engineer. I work with groups of people in an environment where I'm often the center of attention, he usually works alone or in small, collaborative groups. He can do most of his work without having to talk to many people - NONE of my work gets done that way.

Dr. Prezz, I was once asked, when my husband was working from home, how it is that we can spend so much time together and not kill each other. The truth (that no one seems to believe) is that we are BETTER when we're together a lot. My understanding is that the rest of the world doesn't function that way...

Clix said...

I pity the fools. ;)

Post a Comment