Monday, May 05, 2008

NOT late! BWAHAHAHA!

So here's the thing. I got tagged by Richie, who was tagged by Edna Lee, who was tagged by Mister Teacher, who decided to start this whole shebang.

The Rules…

1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves. (Drat!)
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player's blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

Questions…

1. What was I doing 10 years ago?

I was... no, I was not in college that semester. I was back in PA, reviewing teacher applications as an administrative assistant in a district office. I'd had a mastectomy just late enough in January that it would've been difficult to get caught up if I had gone back to school, so I got a JOB instead. I liked working there. I still have the letter of reccommendation that was given to my by the assistant to the superintendant. Every now and then I read that one when I'm feeling glum. (I have another one that I read when I think maybe I'm too happy.)

2. What are my 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):

- Upload proofs (I know, I know! They're so late... but I'm just... GOD, I don't want to turn them in, because then they turn into the YEARBOOK and if there are ANY mistakes I'll get harped at. Oo. That's the AP's new nick: Ms. Harpy.)
- Go to the library
- Revise plans for tomorrow to add structure, because things will be crazy after today's evacuation (more on THAT story later)
- Uhhh... can we count this as a 24-hour day? I'm gonna, otherwise my last two will be "eat dinner" and "go to bed," which aren't actually on any LIST, though I do plan to do them...
- Re-index the book (yey for plug-ins!)
- Check on Wednesday's newspaper distribution

3. Snacks I enjoy…

- Sunkist Fruit Gems (mmmm.)
- Ginger Thins
There are lots of other things I enjoy - rice krispy treats, brownies, Tootsie Rolls, caramel cremes, popcorn, cheese puffs, crackers of many different sorts, pretzels, celery sticks with peanut butter... but those are two that are always a delight.

4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire

- Pay off all debt
- Finish repairs to the house - gutters, floor in the spare bedroom, drywall, French doors, paint the walls. Oh, and fence in the yard. Maybe see if we couldn't put electricity out to the shed again.
- Get the laptop fixed.
- Rent a Vespa and get the Hunk to ride around with me. Maybe we can trade in the Nissan...
- Adopt some more Compassion kids.
- Take classes with Steven Pinker, Tom Lehrer, Alister McGrath... I don't know if Tony Campolo teaches.
- Pay for Conor Kostick to come to Dragon*Con.
- OH! Buy lifetime memberships to Dragon*Con... one for me, one for the Hunk, and one for Indigo.

5. Three of my bad habits:

- Tailgating (NOT the kind with hot dogs, sillies)
- Absent-mindedness
- Satisfaction with a bachelor-pad-ish house (clean clothes piled in the living room, dirty dishes on the counter, books and papers EVERYWHERE, three pair of shoes within arm's reach from this very seat...)

6. 5 places I have lived:

- Pennsylvania (small town)
- Haiti
- Florida
- Pennsylvania (city)
- Georgia

7. 5 jobs I have had:

- Freelance reporter
- Graphic designer
- Administrative assistant
- Librarian
- Group home coordinator

8. 6 people I want to know more about, because I'm just that nosy. I got to poke through student backpacks all afternoon, but it still wasn't enough!

- Jason Woolever
- Mrs. Chili
- Beth Quick
- Henry
- loonyhiker
- Dana Huff

4 comments:

Mrs. Chili said...

Haiti, huh? Do tell!

Here's mine:

http://theinnerdoor.wordpress.com/2008/04/14/meme-monday/

Melissa B. said...

Consider yourself "tagged." How is the journalism project going?

loonyhiker said...

Here is mine: http://successfulteaching.blogspot.com/2008/05/another-meme.html

Dana Huff said...

OK, here are my answers: http://www.huffenglish.com/?p=543.

Post a Comment