Monday, September 14, 2009

Note to Self

It doesn't matter how cute the outfit looks; wear sneakers after you've slept poorly!

Lord, Lord - I am in such pain. I got a beautiful burgundy linen skirt at Dragon*Con weekend before last, and I wore it to church on Sunday and then I went, hm, Monday is dress-up day... I'll wear it with my cute lil brown heels and my brown sweater.

I don't know exactly what happened, but I woke up tired and sorta-sore, so I didn't put in my contacts or wear any makeup. I did pull my hair half-back, which is a little fancier than I usually do (either a ponytail or a twisty-bun).

Oh. My. God. Becky. I hurt so bad. I'm not going to be able to get anything else done tonight. That means Imonna be behind in grading my research papers. DARNIT.

I really didn't even notice until I got out of the car after the ride home and ... ooo. I mean, all day, nothin'. I had no idea I was hurting myself because, yanno, I DIDN'T HURT.

And I've worn those shoes before - all day - and not ever had problems with them. I must admit, I am more than a little confused. And annoyed. It's like I got sneak-attacked by my own body!

Fortunately since we're going on a field trip tomorrow for the Darn Book, I can wear whatever I want (well, within the bounds of modesty, which I wouldn't WANT to overstep anyway). So sneakers it will be!

And I'll need to take along a big ol' stack of research papers. :P

Oh, well. I guess next Sunday night I'll plan out two dress-up outfits.

Image thanks to www.pedikom.com/

2 comments:

R2P2 said...

I feel your pain! Well, empathetically.

I never feel it until I take a minute to sit down or take my feet out. That's why if I'm going to be wearing possibly painful shoes, it's all or nothing - either I'm up all day or I'm sitting down all day. If it's a day where I'm up on my feet? Oh man. I hobble from my car to my apt! At least you can wear tennis shoes...technically, we're not allowed.

Clix said...

well I wore my addidas sambas today - they're almost entirely black and in good condition so WHY NOT, darnit? along with black pants and a button-up shirt.

much more comfy!

Post a Comment