Friday, September 18, 2015

A Little Kindness Goes a Long Way


Today has been fairly peaceful. I have a few students who want to put their heads down, but so far if I offer them the choice between going to the nurse and sitting up and doing their work, they've picked the latter. 

And I can't blame them too much. I'm tired too. Right now I'm feeling frustrated because I KEEP having to rearrange my research unit to accommodate state or district mandated testing.  I feel caught in between the statement from the superintendent and board that "student use of technology is a non-negotiable priority" and the plain and simple fact that when I ask for technology that students can use, I'm told they can't have it.

So my unit plan isn't revised, mostly because I don't know when we can use the darned computers, but also because every time I look at it I start getting angry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment