Saturday, March 03, 2007

Book List

Here is a list of the books that I returned to the library when I stopped by on... Thursday, I think it was -

Billy Collins: Sailing Alone Around the Room (excellent, as always!)
Mary Oliver: Why I Wake Early (she writes more on nature than I knew - beautiful poems)
Philip Nel: Dr. Seuss: An American Icon (excellent, but quite scholarly and often jargonish)
Mike A. Males: Framing Youth (eh, I never thought people were as harsh on GenXers as he makes them out to be - this book is about 10 years old, so by "youth" he was talking about my group)
Charles Sullivan, ed: America In Poetry (good selection; I especially loved Langston Hughes' "Let America Be America Again")
Melanie Rehak: Girl Sleuth: Nancy Drew and the Women Who Created Her(great! informative and entertaining)
Julius Lester: Day of Tears (beautiful, sad, and very real)
W. Bruce Cameron: How to Remodel a Man (hilarious, and it makes me smug that I have a man I'm happy with!!)
Verlyn Flieger: Pig Tale (eh.)

Pretty good haul - it looks like well over half the books are ones I liked. I'm usually not so lucky! I'm still holding onto The Tale of Desperaux because I want to read it to my guy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment