Thursday, June 14, 2007

No, ANYTHING but THAT!

Today (so far, at least) has been an exercise in "whatever it takes," as our professional development book from the year before last said. That is, whatever it takes to avoid working on my Shakespeare unit! *wry grin* I've been quite industrious...

- wash clothes
- hang laundry on clothesline
- take out the trash
- install cafe rods and hang sheers
- put clean(ish) clothes away

At this point, however, the next task might send me back to Shakespeare - for the specter of doing dishes looms ahead like the Cliffs of INSANITY!! (And yes, that really DID need two exclamation points, thank you.) I hate doing dishes. I looooathe it to the very core of my being. "I hate it worse than I hate mayonnaise," regards to Jimmy "the Tulip" Tudeski.

So instead, I will pop in here and post some silly chatter to my blog and pretend that I'm doing something relevant ... okay, fine, I'm not even convincing myself.

What really stinks is that I don't have anything else I want to do. I don't want to watch a movie or read a book. I don't even (gasp!) want to go shopping. I really DO want to get this stuff done. I just...

I don't want to DO it! *laugh*

0 comments:

Post a Comment