Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Totally Crepuscular!

Okay, I have just GOTTA record this dream from last night. I woke up, I think, because in the dream I was trying SO hard not to laugh.

So I was at Bible study or Sunday school or something like that, and we were listening to some pompous windbag, and the guy next to me says, "I hate it when people just go on and on about soemthing they obviously don't know anything about. It's like ... it's like osteoporosis out loud!"

I stared at him for a moment, waiting to see if he recognized the extent of his hypocrisy, and when he didn't, I nodded and said, "Oh yeah. Paul actually talks about that in his letter to the Ephesians - he warns them against sedulity, which comes from the Latin sedula, head, and itty, small. So either he was telling them not to be stupid, or he was warning them against the pagan practice of head-shrinking."

The guy nodded back at me, completely serious. "Absolutely," he agreed. "Totally crepuscular."

That was the point at which I woke up, STILL trying not to laugh as I realized it was a dream, so that I wouldn't wake The Man.

I don't know... do you think I'll be in trouble with God for making up Scripture to poke fun at a guy in a dream? *grin*

0 comments:

Post a Comment