Friday, March 28, 2008

Feast or Famine

... or as Billy Joel would say, "Baby I don't know why I go to extremes / Too high or too low, there [are] no in betweens."

Most days, I don't post. It's not that I don't have anything to say - it's more that I don't know how I want to put it. But then sometimes the stars align and I've got a block of a few hours and I actually know what I want to say and how I want to say it and BLAMMO.

I'm feeling a little like that today. (Look out, world!) I've got several old drafts that I'm fleshing out. I typically wake up earlier than I need to - 6:40 today, despite being on spring break - and today I didn't feel like going back to bed (mostly because it was so awful yesterday - sleep came quickly but was restless and nightmarey and I was stiff and sore all day). So I popped a load of clothes in the wash and I'm checking the weather to see if I should put them in the dryer or hang them out. Hm. It's to be mostly overcast all day, with a chance of rain later this afternoon. Let's check twitter!

Does anyone else have this ... issue? (I don't know that it's really that much of a problem. Is it?) Not laundry, I mean, with the silence/chatter thing. ?

Addendum: I forgot that it was a load of sweaters, so they're drying on a rack. And I'm abruptly astounded at the number of sweaters I have that're coming unraveled in places - yikes! Imonna hafta learn to knit. *sigh* I have holes and/or snarls in the black, green, navy stripey, creme, brown, and creme/black sweaters. For some reason, the varying shades of purple and pink seem to be resistant... Weird.

1 comments:

The Science Goddess said...

Because I'm so busy with working for two districts, grad school, doctoral study, and home life, I tend to do most or all of my blog posts for the week on Saturday morning. Then, I pull from the bank during the week. I end up posting most days, but that doesn't mean that they were written at that time.

Post a Comment