Monday, November 10, 2008

Test Anxiety

I am SO incredibly nervous.

Since the students did SO poorly on the fact-recall quiz for Julius Caesar, we reviewed pretty extensively before taking the final test.

It focuses much more on identifying techniques (different types of figurative language, monologue vs. soliloquy, etc.) and identifying cause-and-effect and motivation. It isn't longer - but it's harder. But it covers skills and concepts that align with our standards.

I don't want them to flunk, but based on their lackadaisical participation during the review, I can't imagine they'll do well. And I don't know that there's anything more that I can - or should - do.

I can't just pass them on if they haven't earned it by demonstrating that they've learned the required material. But it's not going to look good if I've got a 30% pass rate, either.

Ugh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment