Thursday, February 05, 2009

Take the Challenge

So my Traveler IQ has improved! Not that I've BEEN to any of the places I can find on the TravelPod map - but I can find them (or at least click pretty darn close).

I still haven't been able to reach level 12, though I can get pretty close. The upper levels are MEAN - trying to find the Territory of Christmas Island is really stinking hard! I've got a fairly high resolution monitor, and it's still hard to see anything smaller than, say, Cyprus.

But learning the names and locations of foreign countries just makes me more aware of what I don't know. I can tell the difference between Latvia and Lithuania on a political map, but I don't have the foggiest when it comes to history or culture or topography. That's one of the things I like best about learning new things - it always leads to new questions and more learning!

I've got the game loaded at the bottom of the page. If it takes a long time to load, try following the link through the widget on the right. You might be surprised at both what you do and don't know!

What's your Traveler IQ?

Image thanks to http://www.sonofthesouth.net/

0 comments:

Post a Comment