Friday, October 30, 2009

Brother, Can You Spare a... Dollar?

I hate asking for things. I almost always feel like I'm pestering and/or imposing upon the person (or people) I'm approaching. See, I am pretty darn good at saying NO. But I know that often others are uncomfortable turning people down, and I don't want to put people I like in that position unnecessarily.

Like yesterday when I asked our registrar if she'd print up address labels to the parents of our seniors so that I could mail out forms for the senior yearbook ads. As I was leaving after thanking her profusely, I kind of overheard her asking our head secretary, "was she really that nervous about asking?"

Well, yes!

HOWEVER.

Sometimes it's worth it! If I can get 5 new donors to give $1 to my project by SATURDAY, OCTOBER 31, I earn $50 towards it! Sounds like a good deal to me.

Because of where I teach, I already qualify for Gates Foundation fund matching - I'm kind of hoping that the $50 is match-able, but I'm not holding my breath. *grin*

So, if you'd like to help, pop on by! If not - well, thanks for reading! ^.^

0 comments:

Post a Comment