Thursday, April 01, 2010

Ninny WHIRL!

I don't think I can adequately express just how much I love, love, LOVE going to Disney World. We just went last weekend for my birthday, and with spring break next week I am already eager to return, even though we just got back!

(Not gonna happen, though - taxes and car repairs on top of regular bills.)

At Disney World, there is a disproportionate amount of happy. Sure, there are the occasional toddlers who are under-rested and over-stimulated, but when you take into account the number of children in the park, the Not Happy group is quite small.

You smile at people and they smile back. You wave at people and they smile back. You say "Good morning!" to people... and they smile back! And the best part is, then they look at the people they're with and smile at them!

That's what Disney is about - making ripples of happiness!

But this has created quite a dilemma for me.

Last weekend was absolutely fantastic. I wore this dress --> and had a BLAST. It was like I was in this weird limbo between "guest" and "costumed character" - I could wander around the park and ride the rides and relax when I wanted, but people (complete strangers!) would come up and ask me questions and talk with me. And actual cast members always seem glad to see guests having a good time, which I obviously was. It was sooo much fun.

And I think I would really, REALLY like to work AT Disney World. Like, IN the park itself. It would be so much fun to get to portray one of the classic Disney characters - princesses would be fun, but I think it would be even cooler to be one of the villains. I think I fit the size requirements for Captain Hook or the Queen of Hearts, but I would absolutely love to get to be Maleficent! I mean, WHAT a fantastic personality - arrogance and power and passionate fury, all in one package. ^.^

Now, I love teaching. I know I couldn't just quit & work full-time somewhere else, even at Disney. However, if I were to accept a teaching position in central Florida, it might be possible to work there on weekends & holidays.

And that's the dilemma, because I also love working where I work. I have amazing co-workers, a fair amount of freedom in lesson planning and curriculum, decent resources for materials & technology, not to mention a nice low cost-of-living and an enormous used bookstore quite near by.

With all that, I have come up with what I believe is the perfect solution: Disney World needs to be moved to northeast Georgia.

...what do you mean, the world doesn't revolve around me? ;)

Image thanks to http://www.cloakrenaissance.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment