Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Staring at failure

Okay, so we are now definitely into January 2011 and I don't have my essay written.

*sigh*

I know, I know, there's still time, but the truth of the matter is, I don't know if I can do it, no matter HOW much time there is. I really have NO idea what I'm supposed to be doing. And I'm petrified.

I have all of my foundational stuff - I know which work I want to promote, I know what reasons I plan to give, I know how I want to frame the promotion... it's the everything-that-goes-with-it that I don't have. I mean, I figure I need more than 150 words, which is about what I've got if I just go with the bare bones that I have now.

And my style is SO very conversational. I'm sure I can take out the overuse of capitals and technically-incorrect ellipses, and use words that, you know, actually EXIST... maybe even finish a thought before going on to the next one.

But OMFG, I don't think I can do this. And it's pressing me through the shredder. I don't want to fail at this but I can't see success anywhere I look.

1 comments:

Knighton said...

Some of the best professional learning books I have ever read were in the conversational style. When I read something in that style, which you use in your blog, I immediately feel connected to the author. I know it's not academic writing, but who cares? I think your authentic style is what you should go with. To thine own self be true!

Post a Comment