Tuesday, January 17, 2012

...just to make it today

So we had an unexpected mid-year retirement in the department. Fortunately the teacher who retired is going to be all right, but he's having some health problems and between being in the hospital for testing and for treatment, he used up all of his sick days. So he chose to retire rather than take unpaid leave.

That means that the search is on for a new language arts teacher. The thing is, none of the other teachers in the department are close to retiring. (We have one who's eligible, but hasn't seemed the least bit interested.) This is likely to be our only new hire until/unless someone leaves, and I don't see that happening this year.

I did remind the principal that I do not want to be in charge of the yearbook OR the newspaper next year. He seemed fairly receptive to the idea, so I've definitely got my fingers crossed.

And overall, I guess it's good that I'll at least have SOME idea about whether or not they're going to try to foist Journalism off on me again before it's time for us to sign contracts.

But if you're the praying sort? I wouldn't mind in the least having a few more voices on my side...

Image thanks to http://kellysinging.files.wordpress.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment