Sometimes I feel like I accomplish nothing at all. I'm going to try to give a quick update here.
What I accomplished in planning today:
- Input grades
- Worked with JE (2nd) on revising his research paper
- Spoke with Principal MS about students who don't complete their work in class but are not actively disruptive
- Spoke with other English II teachers about the number and frequency of test grades, what sort of work should count as a test grade, and what we test
- Reviewed unit plans and adjusted to compensate for students from one class (though not others, of course!) being pulled for an assembly.
What I still need to do:
- Email Principal MS an overview of students about whom I am concerned and the reasons for my concern.
- Meet with students after school in library about revising research papers.
- Call parents of students who goof off in class