Monday, October 09, 2006

Chauvunism

According to any number of articles from Focus on the Family's webzine aimed at young adults, Boundless, I am a bad Christian.

First of all, I am not pregnant, nor do I have any desire to become so. This is selfish and sinful. It is my duty as a Christian woman to be poppin' out dem babies! And if I was a GOOD Christian, I'd WANT to do that, because it is God's will for me. Period.

Second, I make more than my husband does. Gasp! Shock! O, the horror! Clearly, I am not the subservient, submissive housewife that I am supposed to be. I ought to quit my job so that I can focus on running the household... on 30% of what we bring in now...

It is only by the grace of God that I am not still a sinner on point #3, marriage. I was not "intentional" about finding a husband. In fact, when we met, I very candidly told him that I wasn't looking for a relationship of any sort. I figured that dating was pointless unless it led to marriage ... and I wasn't ready for a decision that big. I mean, you screw up your career, you get a new one, yanno? You screw up your marriage... that's your LIFE! Well, as it turned out, I decided that not having him in my life would be even worse than being married. So far, it looks like I was right about that! (Or, well, that God was...)

Anyway, I figure, if God can be as clear-cut as he was on the whole marriage thing, that when (if ever) it's time for me to have babies, he'll let me know.

And my husband can quit HIS job. ;p

0 comments:

Post a Comment