Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Frustrations

I find it difficult to believe that my students are unfamiliar with even the concept of subject/verb agreement. In addition, it is extremely frustrating when they come in late, talk instead of working, and/or ignore instructions.

I know that I'm short on temper given the approaching yearbook deadlines, which makes it especially difficult not to just write everybody up and get them out of my classroom. I want to teach them, but it drives me nuts that I have to keep backing up and - well, not lower my expectations, but at least lower the point where we start. That makes it harder to get back up to the expectations point.

Today we will be looking at sonnets and starting Shakespeare. I'm nervous! I also need to find my Romeo and Juliet performance CDs so that we'll have something to listen to tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment