Friday, March 14, 2008

Grrrr.

So, I want to go more in-depth with my introduction-to-literature unit and include elements of literature on the end-of-unit assessment. (Holy hyphens!) However, if I'm going to do that, I'd like to allot another week for the unit, to allow additional instructional time and more time to work on the project, since I haven't been able to figure out how I'd slim down the poetry section of it - right now it's almost entirely poetry and it's hefty as it is.


That means I've got three weeks left in the first half of the term. My Odyssey unit fits perfectly, but it is completely dependent upon getting the computer lab to do the wiki during week 9. And... I'm not entirely sure that I can rely on that. SUCK.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. I really think I've got my units arranged the way they need to be. And I can flex on a lot of things, but I need that internet time during week 9.

What do I do?!

2 comments:

The Science Goddess said...

Does the computer work have to be done on consecutive days? Perhaps if you try to book things on Monday, you can find a scattershot approach that will work.

Barring that, don't be afraid to suck up to whoever has already booked that time and see if their schedule is flexible. :)

Clix said...

Mostly, it would be very difficult to do it before finishing up the rest of the unit. But with some careful maneuvering, it might be managed.

I may be borrowing troubles, but this is actually revisions on the unit for next year.

Post a Comment