Friday, May 30, 2008

The Friday Five: Forgetting

I keep telling myself that I'm going to get in the habit of doing this, but I haven't yet. Bah! Well, here goes. Hopefully I'll be able to stay on track now that I've actually started.

What piece of information do you keep forgetting? Lately? The word for one of the concepts I'm supposed to teach my next group of students (synecdoche)
What regular event in your life do you keep forgetting? Birthdays in general.
How are you with remembering the names of people you meet? Good, but not great.
What kinds of tricks to you have for remembering to do stuff that falls outside your regular routine? I write it on the back of my left hand (I'm right-handed). I used to try writing notes on paper, but I'd lose the note!
If you keep a daily planner, what is it like? If you don’t, why not? I finally found one I like! It's about the size of a checkbook, so it fits easily in my purse. It's a monthly planner, so I don't have to flip through page after page to see what's going on when - I can get a good look at how things fit together. The squares aren't real big, but enough that I can jot one to two notes on each as reminders.

Do you struggle with forgetfulness? If so, what do you do to cope with it? If not, what pointers can you give us mortals? ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment