Tuesday, October 28, 2008

It NEVER seems to END!

Ever.

I didn't mean to stay until nearly-six today. It just kind of happened. And I know I'm going to have to stay late tomorrow.

And staying today wasn't so bad, actually. Our department had a lovely meeting - with cake and soda! yay birthdays! And we talked about the benefits and drawbacks of 4x4 block vs 6-period (maybe 7-period) full-year schedules. And we explored the idea of standards-based grading - FIRST TIME! yay! And we talked about next February's GTE conference and I so want to go!

And then I went back to the room, intending to kick out the kiddies, but they were just working so hard that I couldn't help it - I sat down and started adjusting layouts. And it was fun! I'm going to have to do some major emergency surgery on a couple of the newspaper articles... a couple of them have sentences that are sooo wrong that I can't even begin to explain what's wrong with them!

So then I finally wrote non-passes for the two students who were left and I said GO HOME. And I called in for pizza and we picked it up on the way back and I sat down and realized that I needed to go to the library tonight.

Oh well. At least now I have books to read (in my copious free time).

Image thanks to http://blogs.psychologytoday.com/

4 comments:

askthehomediva said...

Yeah, I have all that free time too… especially since we're on newspaper deadline. And some idiot (yep, that would be me) decided that we really needed to launch our newspaper website… Jeez Louise… Forget about the holidays, I'm ready for summer :-0

Melissa B. said...

I stayed late today, too, only for a GREAT reason! Preparing for a sub 'cause I've got the next 4 days off! And the next 6 off w/o kiddos! End o' the quarter is Friday, so I took off Thursday * Friday, to combine with Sat./Sun. for a long weekend with the Hubz. Then I'll come back for the Monday workday, and then stay home for Election Day...the principal told us all to because crowds will be heavy at the polling places...

Hugh O'Donnell said...

That's why we are what we are, and we don't "go to work." ;)

Glad to hear about the standards-based grading.

Anonymous said...

We have a 7-hour schedule with one class that drops every day. You get used to the confusing aspects, but it really, totally and completely sucks on the days your plan hour drops.

And, what was I thinking having all my preps culminating in exams and essays in the same week? Will the grading ever end? Thank goodness Monday is senior skip day. I'll figure out a way to make it hurt them, but it won't hurt me...hee!

Post a Comment