Sunday, December 21, 2008

Too. Funny!

So as I read through the blogs of other teachers and/or readers, I'm always making note of books I'd like to read. It's really convenient, too, because I can simply open up a new tab to the public library's webpage, see if they have the book, and if they do, put a hold on it.

Well, I'd gone over to check my Amazon wishlist yesterday (that's where I got my list of books to order from Barnes & Noble - yay!) and ... not for any particular reason at all, I guess ... I started surfing through their recommendations for me. I only had 6 or 7 holds marked, so I added a few from Amazon. I'm now up to 12 holds, and I figure I better stop there, at least until I get all the books I currently have out into one pile so I know I can return them!

So anyway, this morning I was looking over my holds list to see which ones have come in - there are a few of them that aren't actually available to be checked out yet, and others for which it looks like I'll be waiting awhile.

Case in point: The Shack, by William Young. 1 holdable copy available, and I'm 17th in line! yikes! What's surprising is that I was able to get Beedle the Bard almost right away. Tangent aside, as I glanced at that entry, I couldn't help laughing. See, the library lists a "call number" even though the book is fiction and therefore doesn't have a Dewey number. Instead, the library uses an F for fiction and the first three letters of the author's last name.

So the call number for this book is...

F You!

I laughed until I coughed (though I've got a bit of a cold, so that didn't take much).

Image thanks to http://saraschaefer.com/ss/2007/01/cancer_still_blows_1/

0 comments:

Post a Comment