Monday, April 06, 2009

First off-day of Spring Break

And what'm I doing? Just about nothing. Surfing through blog posts and Disney stuff. Thinking about making breakfast. Cheesy scrambled eggs. Grits. There's a pack of bacon in the freezer. But I don't want to try to nuke it to thaw it out, because it gets yucky. Maybe I should at least put it in the fridge for tomorrow.

Maybe.

It absolutely POURED last night. I had a dream that I was trying to find one of the math teachers that I work with at OLHS, but I wasn't at OLHS - I was back in my old junior high!

I do have some stuff I'd like to do today...

Go to the library. I have a couple of books to return, and a whole huge stack is waiting for me behind the circ desk - yay online holds!

Catch a matinee - I think Watchmen is still out around here.

Lunch at the Indian restaurant - they have a buffet all yummy! Or if the Hunk doesn't want to go, I'll stop at the gourmet pizza place downtown. On weekdays at lunch you can order by the slice, so it's a great way to try something new!

Maybe a load of laundry? Maybe. Don't think I'm going to bother with dishes.

Haven't heard anything from the yearbook folks. I may call later today to make sure everything's on track.

Or maybe tomorrow.

Image thanks to http://www.flickr.com/photos/darnolds

2 comments:

Melissa B. said...

I'm celebrating Spring Break this week, too. Should be doing one of a hundred things on my To Do List. Instead, I'm tippy-tapping on my computer at a coffee shop. Who says I don't have my priorities in order? Have a fun and relaxing break, Clix!

Mrs. Chili said...

About the bacon; put an inch or two of hot water in your sink, put the package in it, then put a little hot water in the bottom of your fry pan and put it on top of the bacon to weight it. You'll be thawed in about 20 minutes or so.

Mmmmm.... bacon!

Our April break doesn't come for another two weeks. Sigh. It's cold and rainy here today - and will be for another three days - so I'm actually glad that the girls are still in school.

Enjoy!

Post a Comment