Friday, June 12, 2009

In Which I Am Not Dead. Or Even Undead.

This is so totally not me. However, I really don't think it should require much justification to allow me to put a photo of a zombie on here. Because zombies are nifty, yo.

Mostly I just wanted to let people know that I'm still around & I haven't abandoned the blog despite several weeks without a post. And that I'm not a zombie.

In fact, I really have no good reason for not posting. Except this: I didn't feel like it. Hey, I had a week mostlyish to myself after school ended for teachers, and so, I slacked off.

We are finishing up yearbook camp. I'm really pleased with the new editor. (Have been for some time; that's a big part of why she's editor!) And we've got our theme & our ladder skeleton, plus some cover art & interior work & the ladder itself to give to the administration for review & hopefully approval.

It's been a good couple of days, but I am SO READY to be HOME. :( I miss my Hunk!

I'm wondering how long I should wait before nagging asking the guidance counselors who's been placed in Journalism for next year. And when (or whether) my maintenance orders will be finished this time. And whether I'll still be teaching English II - I've started revising my unit plans, and it occurred to me that we're looking at a few significant changes due to population growth & I might not have the same preps I did this year.

Donorschoose is reviewing a special proposal - it's my first non-materials request. I've asked to have actors from the New American Shakespeare Tavern come by & do a workshop with my English classes. I haven't heard anything back yet. I hope that's good. I hope I did it correctly...

I hate waiting. :P

Image thanks to http://auspainia.files.wordpress.com/

2 comments:

Mrs. Chili said...

Clix, I'm still reading, even though I'm not commenting much. There's a lot going on in my life right now, so sometimes the best I can do is sign on to say "I'm still here."

I'm still here!

HappyChyck said...

I hadn't really noticed that you haven't been posting because I haven't felt like reading my feeds! Actually, things slow waaaaaayyyyy down with the edubloggers in the summer.

Sounds like you are ready to slow down, too! So, chill, already!

Post a Comment