Wednesday, November 11, 2009

EduCarnival v2 Issue 12

(I hope I'm counting right!)

I don't know if it's the season or the weather or the deadlines or the flu, but lately it's seemed like the days are just rocketing past. I blink and it's the weekend and the dishes and laundry and grading and leaves and bills have piled up and need to be taken care of NOW. I blink again and we're halfway into the next week and I haven't promoted the EduCarnival nearly as much as I meant to, and while I've been reading and bookmarking posts I meant to comment on those bookmarks are now how many weeks old?

Don't get me started on deadlines for the newspaper and the book...

But it's nice to host again! (Gives me a semi-legitimate reason to avoid emptying the dishwasher...)

Click 'Continue' and read on!

Joanne Jacobs presents Hip-hop as old-school teaching tool posted at Joanne Jacobs.

Last week's host, teachin', presents Bellwether posted at I'm a Dreamer.

Carol Richtsmeier presents The Richie Hata’s Club, T-Shirts & Interesting Emails posted at Bellringers.

ms. understood presents Ancient Greece posted at Teacher, I Don't Get It.

Mr Teacher presents Rate your teaching posted at Mr Teacher.

Mrs. Chili is hosting a seminar on teaching research over at A Teacher's Education.

Mr Teacher presents Spelling disaster posted at Mr Teacher.

Pat presents Getting Your Administration On Board posted at Successful Teaching.

Mamacita presents Happy Hallowe'en. Eat Up. Sing Along. Read Up. Jerk Down. Smash. Freeze. Blow Up. Enjoy. posted at Scheiss Weekly.

Jane presents Colorado Inventor’s Showcase 2009 – DaVinci Institute Teaches Inventors How to Market Ideas posted at Steve Spangler's Blog.

Sarah Garb presents Dead Class Pets: Little Baby Tampons posted at Dead Class Pets.

Darren presents Languages Spoken At School posted at Right on the Left Coast: Views From a Conservative Teacher.

Joel presents How Do We Show Our Students That We Love Them? over at So You Want to Teach.

Bill Ferriter presents The Torrid Pace of Change over at The Tempered Radical.

John Spencer presents Searching for What Was Lost over at Musings from a Not-So-Master Teacher.


Tense Teacher signed up for NaNoWriMo over at Tense Teacher.

Roller Coaster Teacher did as well, and is well on the way already!

Rob Jacobs presents Dumber Together over at Education Innovation.

Sarah suggests a Teachers Anonymous group over at Confessions of an Untenured Teacher.

Ms. Paste could use some encouragement over at I Teach, Therefore I Am.

Mr. B is reading good books and thinking about them over at Docere Est Discere.

Betty was frustrated by a parent who complained before getting details over at Timely Teacher Talk.

List posts:

Barbara Williams presents 100 Skills You Should Learn (for Free) While You’re Unemployed posted at Online Degree Programs.org.


Diane Steward presents Top 25 Social Media Sites for College Students posted at Undergraduate Degree.

Rachel Lynette presents Creative Writing: The Really Long List posted at Minds in Bloom.

Sophie presents Crucial tips about College Accreditation, learn how it will affect your wallet posted at Sophie's Blog.

Robert Damone presents Highlighting 10 Creative Professors Teaching at Online Universities posted at Online University Data.

Sophie presents 7 FAFSA Myths-Don't Lose this Money posted at Sophie's Blog.

And, since this is Issue #12, I am linking back to my Dirty Dozen, for those who haven't seen it already. And for those who have, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the list!

You can submit your blog article to the next issue of EduCarnival v2 by using the handy-dandy carnival submission form. Past carnivals and future scheduled editions can be found on the blog carnival index page.

If you are interested in hosting an upcoming carnival, please email me at uncomfortableadventures (at) yahoo (dot) com. (Mamacita, I know you commented - have you emailed me? I think I may have deleted it by accident.) And if you're on, pester me to get it set up at BlogCarnival. I haven't kept that updated as swiftly as I'd like!

Technorati tags:
, , , .

2 comments:

teachin' said...

Thanks for including me! I had fun hosting last week, and can't wait to read all of these great posts!

loonyhiker said...

Thanks for including me in the carnival! I'd be glad to host if you need me to before Thanksgiving! (successfulteaching@gmail.com)

Post a Comment