Friday, November 27, 2009

I Am Having SO MUCH FUN...

... well, except the part where I stabbed myself in the finger with a pair of scissors.

But other than that, it's been great!

Michael's is my new crack. It's like playing with Tinkertoys, only better, because they are bendy and SPARKLY. I already have a hair ornament, and I didn't even need the glue gun for that one.

Or the earrings - though I did have to take apart a couple of singles so that I'd have hooks.

I'm making a cabaret-style mask (think Mardi Gras/Carnival) for a costume. (Yes, I know Halloween was last month.) It looks sorrt of like this one. The base is black, and there are wispy things that come out from the base. But the color scheme is going to be black and gold and purple, rather than solid black.

The mask itself was like seventy cents... I did have to widen the eye-holes, and it doesn't conform to my face very well.

I haven't yet decided whether or not I'm going to use any of the feathers I bought... right now it's looking like I might have enough just from taking apart silk flowers and using the petals.

Right now I'm still looking through Google images to get more ideas. Do I want to put a layer of fabric over the mask before embellishing the front? Streamers from one side? or both?

Of course, what I really OUGHT to do is put dishes away... or fold clothes...

:P

Image thanks to http://www.imaginationscostumes.com

1 comments:

Mrs. Chili said...

Heh. I SHOULD be doing laundry... or grading... but instead, I'm reading blogs....

Post a Comment