Tuesday, December 08, 2009

When Fighting in School Is a Good Thing

"I can't believe that! It was the WORST ENDING EVER!"

"No, no, it was great, because, see, he loved her so much that he was willing to give up everything so that she would be happy!"

***

"It really starts getting interesting after, like, Chapter 10."

"Really? Because I couldn't get into it."

"Yeah, the first part is mostly setup, but things pick up later on."

So, rather than coming in and getting to work first thing this morning, my senior English IV students seemed more interested in arguing about plot development and valid motivations for characters.

I'm not entirely sure just what the "cockles of my heart" are, but they were certainly warmed. I was just the tiniest bit reluctant to direct their attention to the assignment on the board.

It made me smile.

Image thanks to biblioasis.blogspot.co

0 comments:

Post a Comment