Friday, June 24, 2011

Be! Aggressive!

So I'm sitting outside of Hall I-1 at the Ernest Morial Convention Center in New Orleans. We got here a couple of hours ago and there really wasn't much of a line to get a badge. (Yay!) So of course the first thing I did was find a place to sit down so that I could map out my plan of attack. ;)

This may be my first ALA conference, but I like to think I'm something of a conference vet. It also helped that I only got an Exhibit Hall badge; goodness knows I couldn't afford to go to the sessions! So all I needed to look at was the list of exhibitors. All I have to go on right now is the advertisements in the booklet, so there may be some things I'm missing. Still -- I've got what I've got and I may as well use it. I've mapped out my initial route and I found the doors closest to the booth I want to get to first. Now it's just a matter of waiting...

They've just opened the doors! EEE! We still have 40 minutes until we're allowed to actually go into the hall. I'm seriously about to start bouncing off the walls, though.

Not a lot else to say at this point. I'm sitting here with two nice librarians from Texas and trying not to be too book-nerdy. (It's challenging!)

Image thanks to ehow.com

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Have fun in NOLA!!! It's one of my favorite cities. LOTS of great places to eat and drink and visit. Let me know if you need any recommendations.

Post a Comment