Monday, September 26, 2011

Is There Anything Wuss?

Okay, so I just posted a not-really review of Beauty Queens. It arrived at the school today (thanks AKJ Books! thanks DonorsChoose!) and I hopped gleefully around the room when I pulled it out of the box. But...

I'm almost AFRAID to read it.

My online buddies (hello forever ya!) have been gushing about this for MONTHS and I have waited and waited and WANTED to read this for, like, EVER. And now it's here. I have it. I have a copy. And... but... see, what if it doesn't live up to these impossible hopes I've set up?

I think I'll start off with Italo Calvino's Why Read the Classics, which I picked up at the library tonight. It sounds like it will be clever but possibly dull. Maybe that'll lower the bar a bit.

1 comments:

Philip said...

I'm going to be a "celebrity reviewer" for a display at the school book fair. I'm excited. It's some book about an alien pizza slice or something...

Post a Comment