Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Wednesday, February 6

It's the little things that get to me.

Like today, during planning. Wednesday is my lesson planning day. I did not get any unit planning done. Fortunately I don't really need to, as I've still got two weeks left in this unit and those two weeks are securely planned out. But it feels like I got nothing done. Which is why I should have kept the list like I keep telling myself I'm going to.

  • I set up library and checked lab times for research. We are now completely scheduled, and while I didn't get times that are idea (we have to split spring break, UGH) at least I won't have to worry about not getting library time or having to use the computer carts.
  • I did some troubleshooting on the computer, contacted tech support to let them know I was having a problem, and found an update that solved it, and then emailed the people I'd previously emailed to let them know it was taken care of.
  • I filled out and submitted data about students who failed my classes during the previous marking period.
  • I made photocopies for my upcoming unit of the United Nations "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
  • I gave a hip scarf to our art teacher.
  • Oh yeah - I went potty.

I guess it's the computer thing that really sucked down most of the period. I didn't get any writing done, and I really have been trying to do more of that.

And my final class of the day is starting to give me a bit of trouble. I get frustrated when I have to repeat directions. I had a student who used our free-reading time to do some of her make-up work. And while completing work you missed while you were absent is important, so is doing the work that's currently assigned. The instructions were on the board. AND also I review them out loud as students enter the room. There really is no excuse.

0 comments:

Post a Comment