Thursday, March 29, 2007

Too Much of a Good Thing Can Be Wonderful!

I don't know that I slept particularly well last night, but I feel pretty good this morning. Went to the library yesterday (yey!) then for a nice long walk along the river, and then out to eat.

I keep waiting for something bad to happen. I mean, it's just not right for me to have such a good life. I feel like I'm using up all my best cards early in the game, so to speak.

Another plus: The house doesn't smell NEARLY so much like wet animal. I think it's just that we've had doors open and it hasn't been all closed up and stuff.

Another plus: We won't have to re-do as much of the flooring as we thought; there's hardwood under the carpet in the living room and hallway. So we can just pull up the carpet and the padding and then re-finish the hardwood. And in two of the bedrooms, the carpet may actually be in okay condition. If, after we get the wood floors done, the house doesn't smell like pet, we may just leave the carpet.

Another plus: WE CAN HAVE A COW DOG!!! We've seen a black-and-white Great Dane near the house we're living in now, but it turns out that those neighbors actually have TWO - a boy dog and a girl dog and they're going to breed them in a few months. *SQUEE* And the dogs seem to be healthy and it's not a puppy farm or anything!

We should find out today how much the repairs will cost. Prayers and crossed fingers welcome. ;D

0 comments:

Post a Comment