Saturday, March 21, 2009

Design details

Okay, so it totally doesn't matter, but I'm thinking about revising my nameplate. I don't like how much vertical space it takes up. But I'm not sure what I want to do. I mean, I just LOVE the art, and I'm afraid I'd lose a lot if I ran it smaller.

The other thing is that when *I* load the page, there's a lot of empty space on the sides. But I know that people who have a square screen, or whose screens are a lower resolution than mine ... or both! ... might lose content if I put anything out there, because it's NOT empty on their screens.

Another possibility is to widen the main column and put both sidebars to the right, so that someone who doesn't see everything still gets the main column and can scroll over to see the sidebars. I have to admit, navigation is kind of a big deal for me. I don't spend ages on my site's design, but I think it looks smooth and is kind of catchy. I definitely want any improvements to make it better rather than worse!

I'm actually AT SCHOOL, setting up for a yearbook work day (and getting my lesson plans typed up for next week), so I can load the page on one of the old computers and see what it looks like.

Isn't it amazing what I'll do to avoid REAL work? ;p

Any suggestions?

0 comments:

Post a Comment